Small Business, Big Opportunity
by Sensis in partnership with Rob Hartnett. isbn: 0 646 46222 9
This is one of my all time favourite books for Small Businesses (for that matter any business) trying to get a hold on smart marketing and advertising.
The book starts with an explanation of various business models and continues on to the big issues facing businesses. It also gives a snap shot of Michael Gerber’s three types of business owners.
(Let me know Which one are you? After you have read the book.)
The book focuses on the four factors which Rob Hartnett believes build a successful business:
- Your available market;
- Your ability to create selling opportunities from that market;
- Your – and your staff’s – business, sales and marketing skills;
- Your ability to contain costs and increase margins.
Now if you are thinking that these four factors are only relevant to business, I believe any successful business person could relate how these factors influenced them. For instance, if I apply these four factors to a business person I believe they would relate them by:
- Knowing who is interested in their skills (their market);
- Understanding what their skills mean to a market space;
- While mastering their business skills, having an understanding how to market and sell themselves;
- Being able to demonstrate how they can add value to the business they are joining.
So I believe this book is for everyone.
What will you find inside? When I flick through my copy each page has several highlighted points. The book is jam-packed with helpful tips and hints, and it gives you some very practical activities to assist you in quantifying some of the intangible aspects of your business or business profile.
The most sensational aspect of this book is that it is absolutely FREE! You can obtain your hard or soft copy by going to www.smartadvice.com.au and clicking my “Favourites” tag and using the link to the book or you can contact Sensis.