Founder and CEO of Smart Advice is Michelle Hamer. Michelle’s career currently spans 4 businesses –Smart Advice, PC Smart, Smart Learning and University of the Sunshine Coast.
Smart Advice Pty Ltd
Director – May 1995 until present.
Smart Advice Pty Ltd, the entity behind PC Smart and Smart Learning.
(formerly PC Smart Australia Pty Ltd)
Commenced September 1994
On returning to the Sunshine Coast from Sydney in 1994, Michelle developed PC Smart into a full-time business and has worked with a variety of local, interstate and international clients.
Services provided to these clients include training on a variety of PC desktop applications, consultancy services in relation to the set up of their computer environments and PC strategy, and consultation on workflow and document management.
In the corporate e-learning arena, Michelle has successfully completed projects for IBM in James Cook University (Medical Faculty) Townsville, Suncorp Metway, and the Australian Bureau of Statistics.
In 2009 Michelle decided to combine her business, education and information technology skills to develop a range of online practical business focused programs for micro/small business owners.
University of the Sunshine Coast
Lecturer and Tutor – January 2002 until present
Michelle joined the University in a part-time teaching position in 2002 and has since lectured and tutored in Management and Organisational Skills, Strategic Management, International E-Business Marketing Strategy and Advanced Strategy.
In 2005 Michelle was invited to lecture in Organisational Behaviour (MGT701) in the Masters Program to students in Fiji and China.
Prior to launching her own businesses, Michelle was:
National Technology Training Manager – Jul’92 till Aug’94
Perpetual Trustees Australia Limited
Manager of Information Systems – Dec’88 till Oct’93
Perpetual Trustees Queensland Limited
Training Manager -> Customer Support Manager – Dec’86 till Dec’88
Data #3 Holdings Limited
Marketing Support Representative -> Training Manager – April’84 till Dec’86
Parity Computer Limited
• Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training (TAE40110) – 2012
• Microsoft Office Specialist for Office Outlook 2010, Office Word 2010, Office Excel 2010 and Office PowerPoint 2010 – 2011
• Certificate IV in Financial Services (FNS40207) – 2010
• Masters of Education – 2006, University of Southern Queensland
• Graduate Certificate of Online Education – 2001, University of Southern Queensland
• Diploma in Company Directors Course – 2001, Australian Institute of Company Directors
• Certificate – Trust Administration – 1989, Executor and Trustee Institute
• Real Estate Agents Practice Course – 1984, TAFE
• Associate Diploma in Business (major – computing) – 1981, Queensland Institute of Technology